eg will held 7-9 April, 2011 in Monterey. General registration is now open:
First dibs are given to you.
Here's what this means.
Unlike other conferences, there's no overflow seating, no simulcast room, and no webcasting. eg attendance is strictly limited by seating in the Steinbeck Auditorium. Of the 500 seats in the room:
These are awfully limited numbers. Happily, the conference was so wonderful last year that we already have a waiting list, and have received many requests from attendees to invite their friends.
- 200 are reserved for presenters & spouses, past presenters and conference partners. Some of these will be held for presenters' guests, past presenter spouses, and students. (Those will be half price: $2000).
- 300 are for general attendance ($4000).
I'd like to ask you to do the following.
- If you plan to attend, please register now. Jane Rosch (cc) can help you with any questions. For the next 10 days, seats will be available for prior EG attendees.
- If you have friends who hope to attend, please get their names and contact information to Jane immediately. They will be placed at the top of the waiting list, and we will process them in the order.
- After that, we will process the waiting list, and then spread word widely to the many thousands of people who have asked to be kept informed of EG.
Finally: the eg book, Reflections, is done! Michael Rylander's design is gorgeous, and we would love to send you a copy. Please let us know your preferred mailing address for the parcel (an email reply is fine).
Michael Hawley / email@example.com / eg director